Hello All! A user asked me about vanguard punishments since vanguard don’t break their own laws or use prisons. The user was curious as to how vanguard deal with other races that they either conquered or own (vassals). Well, I hope this article clears it up and remember, please help me out by sharing the page! We have a contest going on as well, click HERE to win $20! Contest ends December 31st, Winners announced January 1st.
Vanguards do not own or operate prisons. Vanguard vassals may operate prisons as vanguards only impose half of their laws onto a vassal and let the vassal operate their own set of laws. Only main laws get imposed, laws about treason, money, military, etc are laws that the vanguard require. Laws about stealing, food, disobedience, etc are relaxed and the vassal can determine these. But, the vanguard always impose 100% of their laws if a crime was committed in front of a vanguard citizen or soldier or if a soldier catches a criminal. The reason for this is because the vanguard don’t want their race exposed to lawlessness. So when a criminal commits a crime in the vicinity of a vanguard person, the punishment always follows vanguard law.
The vanguard believe that punishments should fit the crime. The vanguard do not believe in helping a criminal and trying to make them change because they know the majority of criminals won’t change their ways. The only way to change a person into stopping their criminal tendencies is to make them fear the punishment. Conquered planets after five years or so have crime down to less than 0.01% globally. Planets marked as vassals have crime down to 0.12% globally. Some vassal planets crime stats are even less when an increased vanguard presence is on the planet. Conquered planets always have an increased presence plus security drones (police). Vanguard Home planets where only vanguards live have 0.0% crime rate. Crime is unheard of on vanguard home planets.
Some of the vanguard laws and their punishments.
- Theft – Person loses a finger. If the person continues to steal, he or she continues to lose fingers. If the person runs out of fingers, toes are next.
- Murder – Person is put to death for killing of another unless it is self defense. Murder is not tolerated.
- Rape – Person is put to death after 3 days of torture. Rape is not tolerated.
- Adultery – Both parties (Those who took part) are sentenced to death. Adultery is not tolerated.
- Financial – Restitution (money or property) or a duel (between the victim and the criminal) is required. It is up to the victim to decide the outcome.
- Treason – Person is put to death after 5 days of torture. Treason is not tolerated.
- Disobedience – First time offense is a warning. Second offense is time in the chamber (info below). Third offense is death.
If you have any other crimes you are curious about, just ask in the comments and I’ll tell what would happen. The punishments may be severe to some people, but this is how the vanguard build their societies and planets. This is why vanguard planets and the people who live on them thrive! When you can walk out your door and not have to worry about being robbed, killed or raped, you can enjoy your day more and society can grow in a positive way!
* The Chamber or The Field as vanguard call it is a ring the vanguard stands in the middle of with their hands and feet are bound to the sides. Since vanguard are trained over the course of several years to not feel pain, the only way to punish them is by punishing their souls. The only part of a vanguard that can’t be trained to ignore pain is their souls. This device doesn’t harm the body, but targets the vanguard’s soul causing excruciating pain. Since vanguard are used to not feeling pain, when the process starts it overwhelms the vanguard. It is an experience no vanguard wishes to experience and would rather die a thousands times than be subjected to The Field for even a few minutes.